Wednesday, March 10, 2010

hey, daddy-o...i don't wanna go...down...to the basement...




both flights were as smooth as they get...yesterday, i landed on terra firma, back to my hometown; i haven't lived here in almost 20 years! it amazes me that i can say the phrase 'in almost 20 years' pertaining to anything in my life ;-)

yes, it's surreal...but better than the anticipated kafa-esque regression and existential terror [stop laughing, god ;-) for i'm retaining an up-to-date sense of my mature myself despite living in my parents' basement [hence the title of this post based on the ramones song]. towards the end of my norwich stay, i tried hard to prepare for this very situation in order to frame it in the most positive, productive way possible to my psyche. my psyche answered that i needed to work actively with my parents to heal our strained relationship and many mutual misunderstandings; no blame, no finger pointing...just as much compassion as we can conjure up...may the patience last!

plan so far: within the next few weeks, drive up to boston, visit whoever i can and empty my self-store unit. my cell phone is back on. get in touch if you like....

i look forward to seeing many of you in person for the first time in 6 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment